Thursday, November 3, 2011

my year + element

So I was looking through random blogs, and I found one that hadn't been updated since last winter.  The author was talking about how it was the Chinese New Year and what the year's animal and element was.  So I decided to look up my own year and element.  I am year of the horse and my element is metal! :3 Of course, I had no idea what that even meant, so I had to look it up.

The Chinese believed that the elements provided deeper understandings of our inner beings.  The elements include water, fire, metal, earth, and wood.  Every explanation I read reminded me of the game "Rock, Paper, Scissors."  Scissors cuts rock, rock smashes scissors...etc.  Every element can overpower or be overpowered by another.  They all have strengths and weaknesses.  I think it ties into the Yin-Yang somehow...but my mind is still a bit confuzzled about it all.

Some people say it's myth, others take it as fact.  What do you think?  I don't really know anyone who actually has a developed opinion about this.  http://www.thechineseelements.com/Whatelementareyou.htm <-- This website has you take a test that tells your element based off of physical problems.  When I took it, my element was supposedly "fire."  However, when I looked at the charts based off my birthday month/year, my element was metal.  Who knows?  Anyone out there have any thoughts or input on this?  I'm simply curious about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment